Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Monday, September 9, 2013

More blessings :)

Hello friends and family!

I actually heard about the BYU/Texas game from a member of the ward.  He went to BYU and so he still keeps up with their sports.  He told us about their 550 rushing yards, and the general domination up front by the BYU offensive line.  I'm pretty excited to keep getting updates (mostly from Kaya) about their season!

Well, another week of adventures!  We officially have a baptism happening next Sunday!  Steven (I've told y'all about his story) is going to be baptized!  His parents are both excited for him and he's going to be an amazing addition to the ward!  He's 17, so he'll be a priest, can play piano, and has a rock-solid testimony.  We honestly can't wait to see him baptized!

One member of the ward really helped to keep me humble this week.  Some members of the ward have asked why they don't see us quite as much as the Spanish Elders during the week, and I told them it's because I've been having a lot of migraines.  That was a couple of weeks ago.  Brother Frantz pulled me aside on Sunday and said that one of the major causes of migraines is a magnesium deficiency.  He asked me, "If I gave you some magnesium pills, would you take them?"  (He's a practicing doctor, so I trust him. haha)  I told him that I would, expecting that he'd have something in a week or two.  He reached into his briefcase and pulled out a still-sealed bottle of supplements.  I was almost speechless.  I've been so blessed with support lately.  Speaking of support, I still have Josh's $5 in my wallet.  I cried when I opened his card, and I put that $5 in my wallet to remind me how much people are sacrificing for me to be out here.  Every day, when I put my wallet in my pocket, I'm reminded to stay humble and stay hungry (not literally, of course.)  

Just a side note: Mom, you are NOT allowed to get trunky!!!  Elder Echols' mom is trunky outside of her mind, and it's driving Elder Echols nuts! haha-so even if you're trunky for me, you're not allowed to say it in any emails or Skypes :) haha

I really liked the Temple.  I've loved the insights and new perspectives :)  

I love all of y'all, and hope y'all are having a great week!!

-Eldah Boone

No comments:

Post a Comment