Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Alex's surprise suitcase


Brother Jim Norton, in our ward, was going to Connecticut for work.  He asked if there was anything that I would like to send to Alex and he would give take it to him.  I asked  him how big of a box could I send…like a shoebox?  He said that it could be as big as I want.  He could check 2 suitcases and if I wanted to fill a suitcase he would take it.  Well…that is exactly what I did.  I filled an old suitcase full of 47lbs of food (including a zucchini from the garden).  It had stuff like chips and salsa, homemade pumpkin bread, packets of potatoes, rice and mac and cheese, a huge bag of cereal, cans of food that he can just dump into a pan and make a great taco soup, contacts and desserts.   Brother Norton left on Sunday at 7a.m. and by 7p.m. he had delivered the suitcase to Alex’s apartment..  It was sooo cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment