Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy September 23rd :)‏

Re: Happy September 23rd :)

Hello everybody!
Yet another week in "The 'Bury" has come and gone.  It's hard to believe that I've been here for almost 4 months.  I love this area, these people, and working here!  I've seen miracles each and every week, and it's impossible not to see God's hand in this work.

We actually started visiting Steven's family because his father was a less-active member.  Brother Schriver and Steven are now members, and Mike, Steven's brother, has been coming to Church for quite some time.  We're thinking that he will be baptized in the coming month or so, and Steven's mom's only problem with the Church is coffee (typical of New England... :P haha).  We have been promised miracles by several authorities (President Packard, local Stake Presidents & Bishops, etc.), and have an Apostolic blessing from Elder Ballard that all the righteous desires of our hearts will come to pass.  I'm seeing those promised miracles each and every day, and beginning to see my righteous desires brought forth.  It's an AMAZING time to be in the Massachusetts Boston Mission, and especially Connecticut!

This week was fairly tough, but only because we had so many appointments that cancelled on us.  I think about half of our set appointments fell through last-second or day of.  Those days are tough, but we definitely had some bright spots.  We had one day where 3 appointments all fell through.  Elder Echols and I were understandably a little frustrated, but we decided we'd stop by some less-active members' houses and check up on them.  We got to the Somers' house (one of our favorite LA's), and there was a guy sitting on the couch in the corner.  Sister Somers introduced us, saying, "That's Chris; he wants to join the Church!  I guess it's your guys' lucky day!"  Of course, we thought she was kidding, but she wasn't!  We had an awesome talk with Chris about where he's been, where he wants to go, and had a very brief 1st discussion with him.  We gave him a Book of Mormon, talked with him about ARP, Church, and baptism (among other things).  He's definitely a diamond in the rough-this dude is straight from the 'Hood!-but his desire to better himself and get more in tune with God are inspiring.  Miracles like Chris make even the toughest days of a Mission absolutely worth it.  

I love all of you guys, and wish you the best!

-Elda Boone

PS-everything was in the suitcase :)  ...plus a little notice from TSA, telling us it was physically inspected.  Imagine the looks on their faces when it was full of food! haha-but it was definitely a miracle that the suitcase got here.  We've enjoyed most of it, but we have yet to try the soup thingy.  We haven't really shopped cuz we didn't have P-Day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment