Howdy,
howdy!
WOW!!!
I'm back into the world of Connecticut! Connecticut is absolutely nothing like
Boston, and I forgot that for a while. Gone are the skyscrapers and public
transit, and back are the MILLIONS of trees and a car. (I'm going to need to
stay extra dedicated to diet and exercise, or I'm gonna gain tons of weight
again :P) I have to say, I'm absolutely shocked at the potential that we have
in this ward. I knew it would be incredible, but I had no idea that we would
have this many opportunities to share the gospel, and that our members would
have this many opportunities, as well! There is quite a bit of administrative
work to do before we can realize the potential, but I haven't been this excited
to do the work in a long time. I figured that between Elder Ballard's and Elder
Holland's apostolic blessings, President Packard's blessing, and President
Monson's dedicating of the Temple grounds and surrounding area, this ward is
literally the best place to be in the entire world! (And President Monson's
granddaughter is the Bishop's wife-he may be coming to town for a baptism
soon...)
My
new companion is Elder Johnson. He's been out for 6 weeks longer than me, and
he's from Southern California. We have gotten along really well (we knew each
other from before in the New Haven Stake) and are pretty stoked to serve
together for a while. And I'm not a DL, so life is good :) hahaha
Other
than that, there's not a whole lot to report. My head is still spinning with
all the information that I need to know, but I'm happy to be back in CT, and
ready to go!
Hope
y'all are having a good one!
-"Eldah"
Boone
Mom,
I need some money on my card for the application fee at UVU. Also, I got a job
offer in CT next summer. Bishop Marble from the Waterbury ward said he'd like
to have me come work for him out here. What do you think about that? It would be Building and maintaining pool
covers in the New England area. haha-he pays really well, and I could live with
families in Waterbury. I could stay
somewhere for free. Members have told me that if I work for Bishop, they'd let
me stay for free, and I would help them around the house and whatnot. I am
going to need about $60 (application fee, and a new belt; mine finally gave up
the ghost.)
No comments:
Post a Comment