Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Welcome to Jamaica Plain

I have to say, that this is probably the coolest area in the Mission! Our ward boundaries are literally the city of Boston. We cover all the towns that are taken into the city, so we get to see a lot of diversity. Everything from the bustling downtown district to the quiet outskirts by Dedham and Mattapan. There are some areas that are a little rougher, but folks respect "Jesus people," so as long as we have our tags on, we're safe. 

My new companion is Elder Woodard. He's from Kamas, Utah, and he's quite the character. He's a BIGTIME hunter, and loves Mountain Dew and country music. Needless to say, we get along really well :) He's been out for 3 months, and his trainer is actually our roommate. There are now two sets of English Elders and a set of English Sisters in the ward. We are pretty busy, and doing LOTS of traveling on the T.

The new apartment is actually pretty nice. Like most Boston apartments, it's a little on the small side, but it's big enough to keep us out of each others' grills. My only beef is the water pressure. It's terrible. I feel like I'm getting spit on when I take a shower :P hahaha

We have had 3 big storms in the last 2 weeks, and one actually bumped transfers up to Wednesday night. We had a hasty P-Day and lots of traveling around to get done, but we made it to Transfers just on time. And I saw-who else-Katie Parker there. It was great to see her and hear about all the craziness from back home.

Unfortunately, I left a lot of stuff in Waterbury (i.e. contacts, solution, glasses, and stuff like that), so I've had to replace some of that stuff for a couple days so that I can stay alive. The Waterbury Elders are going to be sending me a package of my stuff, so I should be getting that in a few days. I also found a Marshawn Lynch jersey on my last day in Waterbury for $37.20. Needless to say, I'm kinda excited about that :)

More to come later, but that's what I've got for now. I'm loving Boston, and I'll have some fun with this transfer :)

Love all of y'all, and hope you have a good week!


-"Eldah" Boone



Waterbury District

Elder Pulsipher and Elder Boone


No comments:

Post a Comment