Hello everybody-
I guess I always knew this day would come. 8 months in one area, and somehow getting transferred still comes as a surprise. It hurts, but it's also exciting because I'm going to a ward in Boston that's also REALLY busy. There is a part of me that will always be here in Waterbury, and I'm definitely going to be coming back to visit.
This week was an adventure. Last Friday, we had Zone Meeting, and Elder Pulsipher and I had to give a 20-minute training. And I woke up with a mini-migraine. I just had unbelievable nausea and vertigo, plus I had to talk a little slower than usual. We still went and gave our training, but I was either sitting down or resting against a chair the entire time. There were several times where I had to excuse myself from the room so I could go and dry heave in the bathroom. I sure hope somebody learned a LOT from that training, because if not, it was just not worth it at all. And then for Zone Lunch? Everybody decides to go to some freakin' Chinese buffet. The smell of cheap Asian food + nausea = BAD NEWS. Luckily, I hadn't had breakfast, so I never actually vomited, but I was definitely uncomfortable the entire time.
On a more pleasant note, there is a lady in our ward (Sis. Ford) who'
s from Jamaica. Every year, she fills up barrels with food, dishes, toiletries, and all kinds of other things to send to Jamaica. Elder Pulsipher and I helped her to fill 6 barrels to ship to Jamaica. Sister Ford said that she will get some of the stuff to Elder Tyler Brimhall, just because I know him. And if we ever want to go to Jamaica for a family vacation, she said her home is open. Party in Jamaica!!! hahaha
Funny occurrence of the week: Elder Pennington (a greenie) was showering, but he doesn't know that the shower does this weird thing and makes lots of loud noises, and only stops when you adjust the temperature. So the shower starts to freak out, and so does Elder Pennington. All of the sudden, the noises just erupt from the shower, and we hear him yell, "Why is it doing this to me?!" Obviously, Elder Slade, Elder Pulsipher, and myself are all just losing it outside the bathroom. Afterward, we told him that he just had to adjust the temperature to make it stop, and he said that he did, and burned himself in the process. It was pretty much hilarious.
Two storms in two weeks? That's what it looks like, folks. We had an enormous storm in Waterbury, and we had to shovel out the cars in our apartment complex's parking lot (something like 60 cars). We all dressed like goobers and shoveled like crazy! We had a ton of fun, and got $10 Subway gift cards as a token of gratitude from management.
Because of the enormous snowstorm coming in, Transfer Meeting got bumped up to TODAY!!! It's pretty crazy, and I'm upset that I won't be able to say goodbye to some of the people I was hoping to, but it's probably safer this way. I'll fill you guys in on Boston on Monday!
-"Eldah" Boone





No comments:
Post a Comment