Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Monday, February 24, 2014

Not too exciting

Hello friends and family!

This week wasn't particularly eventful. Really, there are just a few highlights I wanted to tell all of y'all about.

On the T, a deaf/mute guy approached Elder Woodard and I. He started "signing" to us, and we found out he was a Jehovah's Witness. He started trying to preach to people, but he needed someone to help him talk. So he asked me to come and be his voice as he tried to preach to folks. I gave them the "Mormon-ized" spiel, and they all looked at me like I was a freak. A couple of people actually ran away. I actually thought it was pretty funny :)

During weekly planning, one of the Sisters in my District kinda randomly says, "I was trained to be a trophy wife! I can cook, I can clean, and I love changing diapers. My husband is going to be so happy!" All of the Elders in the District started laughing hysterically at that point. We may have some of the weirdest Sisters in the Mission... haha

All in all, this week is set to be super busy. I'm still getting used to the area, my District (I'm still District Leader), and getting to know the members and start Missionary work here in earnest. Hopefully there's more to come next week!

Love y'all, and have a good one!


-"Eldah" Boone

1 comment: