Friends and family-
ARGENTINA?! Yeah, that is quite the unexpected turn of events. A whole bunch of stateside Missionaries and then Chris goes to Cordoba, Argentina!!! Yes, I got the email during the week, but I didn't respond because our time was incredibly limited. Congrats, Chris-I'm so excited for you!! (and Google Images has AWESOME pictures of Cordoba-it looks gorgeous!) Also, be sure to tell Hunter that I'm excited for him, too! Indianapolis, huh?
I do have a REALLY cool story for you guys. Elder Kilgore and President Packard gave me some great insights on how to pray for a "To Do List" from God for our investigators/people in the ward. So Elder Beck and I went to the Chapel to try it out. This was on Tuesday morning, and we prayed for one of our potential investigarors. The first and last points that I wrote down were "Coorinate with Shelley" and "Do this within a week." Wednesday night, we sent a text to Shelley, asking if we could meet sometime Thursday when we were in the area of her home. Shelley told us that she'd be out of town starting tomorrow morning, but that she'd be at the Church in about 20 minutes. I told her that we'd meet her there. (The Church is a 45-minute walk away from our apartment.) Elder Beck was in his PJ's in the study room, so I yelled, "Elder Beck!! Get your pros on! Don't even get a tie-just a sweater! We gotta go!!" I then checked the bus schedules, and we had a bus coming in 4 minutes. We left the apartment, and I got the distinct impression, "Elder Boone, you gotta run!" So Elder Beck and I ran to the bus stop; just in time! Except that this bus was "Out of Service." In 5 minutes that seemed like an eternity, another "Out of Service" bus went by and I was about ready to start running to the Church, too. I gave an ultimatum that if the bus didn't show up in two minutes, we were gonna have to run to the Church. About a minute and thirty seconds later, the bus came to view. We got on and rode to the station nearest the Church and began our walk to the Church. Again, the impression came, "Elder Boone, you gotta run." I ignored it, justifying that we had already run to the bus stop, and the Church was only like 10 minutes away. Again, the impression came: "Elder Boone, you gotta run." I ignored it AGAIN, thinking the same thing. AGAIN-"Elder Boone. You gotta run!" "But it's gonna hurt my ribs like CRAZY and Elder Beck has a cold!" I argued. "Elder Boone! You gotta run!" So I told Elder Beck, and off we went, running like crazy men down the sidewalks and streets going to the Church. Along the way, we got a text from Shelley asking where we were and that she couldn't stay too much longer. We responded that we'd be there in less than a minute and kept running. We got into the Church and went directly to the Relief Society room, just as we got a text from Shelley that said, "I'm in the RS room." Panting heavily and grimacing from the pain, we talked with Shelley and got tons of great ideas to do (all of which have been done, by the way). Needless to say, we have been busy and trying to have the Spirit guide our footsteps all along the way.
We are going to have a really great week with Easter coming up, as we are slated to have close to 15 non-members at Church. I am so grateful that God has blessed us with a ward that is willing to jump on this bandwagon and help us in so many ways. During this week especially, I constantly think about Jeffrey R. Holland's "None Were With Him" talk and the "Missionary Work and the Atonement" video. His blessings extend far beyond anything that we could possibly comprehend and I am grateful for His guiding hand in my life that has gotten me to where I am at now. May we all be grateful for the many blessings we receive, especially those related to the Atonement.
Happy Easter (and Holy Week, as well!)
-Elda Boone
No comments:
Post a Comment