Drumroll please....
I have survived yet another transfer! (OK, so it's only two, but it's a good thing! haha). I'm going to be staying in Cambridge 1st, birthplace of the "Dirty South" (aka the Cambridge South Zone) However, Elder Kilgore is going to be a Zone Leader in Brookline about 20 minutes away. My new companion is Elder Beck, and I have NO IDEA who he is yet. I'll meet him at transfer meeting on Thursday. I have somehow managed to shirk responsibility AGAIN, as I am the companion to a District Leader; I don't even have to report our Key Indicators at the end of the week! Elder Sutherland is going to be training AND a District Leader out in western Massachusetts, and my other MTC buddy Elder Bartlett is training, too. There are a lot of people being thrust into training/leadership because we are getting 28 new Missionaries today and only losing 5. The Massachusetts Boston Mission is growing and it's incredible to see the Lord hastening His work.
Herbie got your letter, and he really appreciated it. He has a pile of things that he saves from previous Elders, old friends, and the like. He asked us to put your letter in that pile so that he could save it and have other Elders read it to him when his spirits are down or he just wants to feel better than he does.
You'll also have to keep me posted on the Ward Basketball issue, because that sounds pretty interesting... Something's gotta give, and it sounds like forfeiture by the other ward or us being able to play our freshmen; both of which sound like we should make it to Region. We'll see, though.
I hope to get an email next week (seriously-send it Wednesday night/Thursday morning) about Chris' Mission Call!!! I'm so excited to hear where he's going to be serving!!!
Things are going overall pretty well here-the work has just started to pick up momentum, and the most visible sign is the baptism we have this week. Oh yeah... did I forget to mention that...? ;) haha-one of our Investigators, Jian, has chosen to be baptized this Friday. Yeah. Two days away!!! He has his interview tonight, so TECHNICALLY it's not "official," but he knows the interview questions and has a testimony of all of them. When we told President, he said, "A baptism in Cambridge 1st-that doesn't happen too often!" We hope to change that stigma in the coming weeks and months...
I'm not going to lie-being in a walking area with cracked ribs is HARD. Every time we have to walk for more than about 15 minutes and start breathing just a little bit harder, it just hurts. A LOT. But other than Tylenol/Advil with lunch and a rice bag every night, there's nothing I can really do but suck it up and work. Sleep has started to come easier as my ribs have started healing, and now I'm getting about 6-7 hours of sleep per night instead of 3-5. There's still some lingering tiredness, but there's nothing I can really do for that, either. I can either sit around and feel sorry for myself, or I can throw myself into the Lord's work. Needless to say, I've chosen the better part :)
Now that sounded quite sad and pessimistic. But that's not how I feel at all! I'm so excited to continue working and building a better member/Missionary relationship in this ward. This truly is the Lord's work and I am so happy to be a part of it. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing with my life than serving the Lord and the people of the Massachusetts Boston Mission. Every day, I go to bed grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this glorious work and be doing my part to help others have the blessings of this Gospel. I love you all and I'm grateful for all of your support. Until Monday, have a good one!!
-Elda Boone
*By the way, can I get Joseph and Kaya's email addresses? International postage is just too expensive... haha
No comments:
Post a Comment