Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Friday, September 26, 2014

SEPTEMBER 15/22

September 15, 2014

Here's your answers (in no particular order), while I have your questions on my mind. haha

Steven actually texted me today, and told me about the 1-year anniversary thing. It's kinda sweet! :) And please tell Spencer & Lindsey congrats for me! Can't wait to see the little guy in real life! My mailing address is 56 Snell Ave #2 Brockton, MA (dunno the ZIP code... :P) Brockton is kinda super ghetto, but the other 11 towns that our ward covers are decently nice. haha ;) My shoes are back in CT, cuz they're busted up something fierce. But every other Elder who has tried to cash in on the warranty has gotten nowhere with that, so I've been really leery of that. I can ask for them, though. (Elder Wright still has to mail me my CD's I forgot there.)

September 22, 2014
Happy Fall!

I guess that today is the first day of fall, and summer is officially over (here in New England, it feels like summer has been over for a while... haha) The leaves are starting to change, and it's only set to get more colorful up here! I'll have to send some pics :) ...or TAKE pics... :P

Last P-Day was so much fun! For Elder Pendleton's first P-Day, we knew we had to make it awesome. So we went bowling with our roommates and ZL's. We all had a blast! I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've been bowling on my mission, so needless to say, I was AWFUL! I barely broke 100 on the last game (and it took some last-minute theatrics to get there.) The place was totally empty except for us, so we got to hoop and holler and have us a good old time :)

I had two migraines this week, so we didn't get to do a whole lot :P But what we did do, was super awesome!!! 

Elder Pendleton handed out two copies of the Book of Mormon, and got us a new investigator! We were teaching Carl, and he brought a friend to the lessons. Long story short, I guess that Carl's friend (Mike) had taken the discussions in Georgia. He wasn't ready to live the Word of Wisdom just yet, but he said that he's ready to slow down and live life the way he should have been living it, years ago. So of course, Elder Pendleton jumps at the chance, hands him a Book of Mormon, gets his phone number, and got him interested in meeting with us! 

We are trying to leave missionary commitments with every family that we have appointments with, and it's been pretty awesome. One family in particular, the Daileys, was spectacular! Brother Dailey is a convert, and he told us his conversion story. He got so excited when he told us that he hasn't missed a week of tithing in 8 years. Seeing somebody who really converted to the gospel so fully is awesome to see :) Then, he mentioned that his landlord had been on a trip out west, and stopped for a full day in SLC. They got a tour of Temple Square, and came back with a few questions. Brother Dailey is going to be inviting them to watch General Conference. 

During sacrament meeting, all of the mics just cut out. We had a baby blessing and three talks that were almost too quiet to hear. Luckily, the first counselor in the bishopric was conducting, and he has a booming voice. 

We also did what we call "auxiliary interviews" with most of the auxiliaries this week. We pretty much just ask them what we can do to help them with their callings. Our high priest group leader totally hooked us up with tons of stuff to do, and splits each Sunday in October (except General Conference). Our YW president gave us tons of names to visit. Our EQ president gave us even more names to visit. We should be getting home and visiting teaching reports, so we can reach out to specific individuals and help them do their home and visiting teaching, etc. Almost every day, Bishop Robert asks us if we're busy, and if our planners are full. Between our investigators and the assignments from the ward council, we should be almost too busy this week!!!

Hope all is well!

-"Eldah" Boone


No comments:

Post a Comment