Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Friday, September 26, 2014

September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014
Farewell to Connecticut...
And happy (belated) birthday to Jordan!!!

                This is kinda crazy that I'm leaving after only 2 transfers. I have absolutely LOVED this ward, and had two awesome companions. But I'm going up to West Bridgewater, MA, and training a new missionary! I haven't met him yet (he should be flying into Boston today), but as of next week, I'll know who he is, and have pics :)
                I was planning on ending my mission here in CT, but that obviously isn't gonna happen. So when all of our appointments for Saturday fell through, I went to Waterbury to say goodbye to a few people. I got to stop by the Schrivers (and see Mike's Delorian!!!), the Lopez family, and the Aliceas. I actually didn't get to say goodbye to Sister Alicea when I left Waterbury, so it was great to see her and get to say goodbye (or at least "see you later"). Of course, seeing Ethan again didn't exactly hurt... ;) haha
                With yesterday being fast Sunday and my last Sunday in this ward, I decided to bear my testimony. I felt really cool when one of the young men who was sitting with us, Nate Eberly, held up our dinner calendar with something written on it. I didn't know what was written on it, but when I sat back down, I saw that he had written "I love you Boone!!" on it. After church, one of the YW, Nicole Rynne, gave me a tie-tack and said thanks for helping to grow her testimony (I had no idea I'd had any impact with the YW whatsoever, so that was kinda cool.) There were multiple members who also said they would miss me and I'm glad I was able to have something of an impact in this ward, even though I was only here for 3 months.
                Well, that's about it for this week. There are lots of good things priming here in Avon, and I'm going to an area that's hopping! I'm excited for the next 3 months!
Love y'all!

-"Eldah" Boone

No comments:

Post a Comment