First off, I have to give a birthday shoutout to Chris-Happy Birthday, big guy! Keep up the good work and don't forget to lose yourself in the Lord's work!
Mom, yes, I did get your package. I got it after emailing, though, so I didn't have the chance to thank you until just now. So thanks! The jam was gone as of yesterday afternoon at lunchtime. Also, I'll be writing that letter this week and sending that to you around Wednesday or Thursday. I have a LOT of thoughts to formulate and make coherent :)
The work here in Waterbury is going well! Elder Echols and I have had some frustrations because our investigators just seem to be unable to meet. When we do meet, we have an incredible lesson, and then, "You guys wanna come on outside? I gotta have a smoke." *FACEPALM* Much of what we do hasn't shown up in our "Key Indicators" for reporting, and our District Leader gives us some funny looks when we report our numbers (he's our roommate.) But we know that we're still doing the Lord's work-it's just that giving blessings and teaching excommunicated members seeking re-baptism doesn't provide a lot of numbers. More and more, I'm learning that the Key Indicators are just that-Indicators-and not a definitive, surefire way to prove anything. I remember first hearing and being appalled at the joke, "Forget the Holy, forget the Ghost; the numbers are what matter most!" when I was new to the Mission. That loathing has grown more and more as time goes on.
The broadcast last night was INCREDIBLE!! I haven't read our letter from President yet, but I'm sure that there will be a little bit of horn-tooting going on. He has been pushing this in our Mission for a year now, and the Church at large is adopting the ideas that we have already applied. (Or are working to apply) The internet usage is a big deal, though. We're not sure when we'll begin, but knowing President Packard, he'll be pushing for it sooner than later! This should make communicating with people in the ward and investigators MUCH easier.
That's about it-not a lot going on. Til next week!
-Elda Boone
No comments:
Post a Comment