Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Monday, July 8, 2013

July 1, 2013

First off, Happy Birthday to the best dad I've ever had!!
 
I hope y'all found that as funny as I did :)  But seriously, Happy Birthday, Dad!  Hope y'all have a good one!
 
This week has been pretty exciting.  Elder Echols and I have been had a pretty busy week, and it shows.  We had one of our investigators stop a lesson and thank us profusely.  She said that we should never wonder if we're good missionaries, because we are.  She then proceeded to tell us that if we ever doubt if we have touched anyone, we need to know that we have touched and changed her forever.  That was so incredible to hear, and to know that I'm touching at least a little bit of my potential that God has given me. 
 
We also got a very strange call from one of our members.  He's been going through some marital difficulty, and 2 days after we found out about that, he called us and said that he had an investigator for us.  OK....?  Elder Echols and I were scared, because we weren't sure if he was trying to pass of his wife as an investigator because she "wasn't living the gospel" or something like that.  We asked him when he wanted us to come over, and he said, "Could you be here in an hour?"  UHHH.... sure? haha-we ended up going over, and sure enough, he had a woman who wanted to hear the Gospel.  She told us about how our member had been telling her about this Church, and she really liked what he was telling her.  We started a discussion about the Book of Mormon, but our member kept butting in with exerpts from the Word of Wisdom, Christ coming to the Americas-which he said started in 3 Nephi 17 *FACEPALM*-and the Law of Chastity.  It was one of the choppiest lessons I've ever even HEARD of, but somehow, she accepted a baptismal date, said she'd come to Church and read the Book of Mormon, said the closing prayer, invited us over for a later dinner to discuss her reading, and said she wants to share with family and friends, as well as invite them to her baptism.  WHA....?!  We walked out of the lesson, and Elder Echols said, "Did we just exit the Twilight Zone?" and I said, "Yeah, bro... I think we just did."  We got home at 8:30, and just couldn't do anything because our minds were so incredibly blown.  
 
God is truly helping us to make His purposes come about.  We have 3 investigators with baptismal dates (unheard of in this Mission), and a whole slough of referrals coming in from our YW Pres.  I honestly hope that this continues, and that I can become more and more the Missionary that God needs me to be to keep up with his work!
 
Love all of y'all and have a Great 4th of July! (and anniversary, and Happy early Birthday to you too, Mom!!)  
 
Elda Alex Boone 

No comments:

Post a Comment