Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Friday, June 14, 2013

Transferred to Waterbury Connecticut

JUNE 5, 2013

Hello all!! 
 
Well, the day of reckoning has finally come.  After an amazing 6 months in the Cam1 ward, I have been transferred.  I'm headed to Waterbury, Connecticut tomorrow morning.  I'm certainly sad to be leaving this area and the people that I've come to love so much, but I'm looking forward to the new experiences that will come in another area!!
 
The kinda frustrating part about being transferred is that the ward is JUST starting to pick up!!  Friday night, we got a text from our EQ Pres, asking if we could help a Sister in the ward move.  Of course, we said yes, and Saturday morning we were at the address he gave us, ready to help.  Of course, the Sister we were moving turned out to be a less-active member we've been trying to track down for 5 months!  She expressed interest in having the Elders over for dinner soon, and coming to Church now that she's closer to a Public Transit line that will get her within a 10-minute walk of the Church.  As if that wasn't good enough, Kyle, a former investigator who just disappeared, showed up.  We'd been trying to get in touch with him for at least a month, and he fell right into our laps.  We set an appointment to meet, and he's looking forward to meeting with us and continue to progress toward baptism!!  At a Blood Drive on Monday, we actually talked with a guy who said something to the effect of, "Yeah, I like the Mormons.  I believe they have a good moral system, their beliefs are good, and I love the emphasis on the family."  Turns out, this gentleman is from Ohio, and while he was there, he had a Mormon friend who gave him a Book of Mormon.  They met every week to discuss it, read it, and learn from it.  But he's never met with Missionaries!!!  I explained our purpose to him and asked if he'd be interested, but his wife is going to be having their first child soon.  I invited him to Church, and he asked for a written schedule of our services, which, of course, I gave him.  He said he looks forward to coming and hopefully this will turn into something!!!
 
That's pretty much it for now.  I'll let y'all know how Connecticut is when I've actually been there.  Until Monday!!
 
-Elder Boone

No comments:

Post a Comment