Hey, hey, hey!
This last week was a pretty tough one. We have had a LOT
of dropped appointments, and logistics with the car-share are always tough. But
things are working themselves out, and the work is set to explode! (Not that
it's not already pretty gnarly...)
So I got my "trunky
packet" this week. Flight plans and all. I'm not gonna lie, it made me
really trunky for like a day and a half, but I got myself straightened out and
we're back up and ready to rock. Of course, finding out that I had the flu for over
a week didn't help... :P Some people say trunky, I say puking my guts out. Know
what I'm saying? haha
We have yet another investigator praying about baptism!
We re-taught the Restoration, emphasizing the Book of Mormon and priesthood
authority. After we discussed that for a bit, we just asked Lamarre (our
investigator) what he thinks about being baptized, by one with proper
authority. He said he's "not opposed" to it, but he wants to know
from God, if that's what he needs to be doing right now. We got super pumped,
and asked him to ask God if he should be baptized in this church, and he said
he'd do it. He's really great about keeping commitments, so I believe he'll do
it. And of course God is going to tell him to join His church! haha ;)
This coming Wednesday, Elder Pendleton and I are going to
be going to transfer meeting so we can pick up a new car! We will be getting
bikes in the near future, so our car will have a custom-build bike rack. That
should be super exciting, and it has to be better than our Corolla right now...
haha
We also had correlation with our ward mission leader, and
tried to teach him about President's 12-hour zone conference in an hour. We
showed him some GoogleDocs we've created to help us get in with the ward
council, explained President's vision and how these Docs will get us there, and
it went better than we could have hoped! Brother Billings got all excited and
told us that this is what he's been trying to do with the ward for 3 years, and
now he has the push to do it! He said he'd take charge of making it an
emphasis, and getting it in with the ward council. Soon, we should be setting
monthly goals with the ward council, having members help us in every aspect of
the work, etc. We're so excited for this!!!
That's about it, folks. Hope
y'all are having a good one!
-"Eldah" Boone
No comments:
Post a Comment