It's
Transfer Week!
Our apartment got shaken up bigtime
this week. With Elder Peterson going home, Elder Woodard getting transferred to
Keene, and the ward gaining a set of Portuguese-speaking Sisters, we had LOTS
of moving to do. As Elder Woodard and Elder Peterson were moving out, Elder
Hermosilla (yes, the one who I was roommates with for 6 months in Waterbury),
Elder Stones, and Elder Clement were moving in. We still haven't fully
recovered from the moves, but we're doing all right for the time being. Elder
Motes-my former roommate-is now my companion. We've both only been in the area
for a transfer, and we're both pretty much on the same page already, from being
roommates. This next transfer is probably going to redefine the "Work
hard, play hard" philosophy, and I couldn't be happier! haha
We had Stake Conference this Sunday,
and we were able to hear from the Temple Matron (who we're related to, by the
way-she mentioned her genealogy and how she's related to Daniel Boone. Cool
tidbit), President and Sister Packard, our Stake President (the ex-CEO of
Dell), and President McQuivey, the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency. We
were able to sustain all of these people, as well as Danny Ainge, as the
leaders in the Stake, and I remember thinking to myself: Where else can this
possibly happen? It really was this incredible experience to be taught at the
knees of these people who have and are influencing the world.
One of the perks of being in a walking
area is that you just lose weight. I hadn't weighed myself for quite some time,
and finally decided to hop on the scale and see what the damage is. I've lost
10 pounds in 6 weeks (probably due in large part to not eating all of that
cheesey goodness at the Schrivers' house. hahaha). I honestly feel really good
right now, and our apartment plans on waking up at 5:30 or 6:00 every morning
to run and exercise and whatnot. Maybe I'll start gaining some healthy weight
soon :P haha
Long week, but not a lot to report.
Hope y'all are having a great one!
-"Eldah"
Boone
No comments:
Post a Comment