Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Transfer week and DISTRICT LEADER

Alex's cousin, Calie Hill, was back East and she went by Alex's
apartment to see if she could meet up with him.  She pulled up to
his place the same time he did.  Said he look great and is happy!!

Transfer Week is here!

This is going to be weird, because for the first time in 4-1/2 months, I'm going to not have Elder Echols with me.  It's been a long, fun, and great time with him, but life goes on.  My new companion is named Elder Pulsipher, and I'll meet him Thursday.  I've only heard good things about him-he's been out 3 transfers, loves basketball, and is (quoting a phone conversation with President Packard) "intelligent and hard-working."  Why was I on the phone with President Packard?  Because I made the jump from District Mom to District Leader.  I'll be the first to admit, I have NO IDEA how to run this District! haha-but I know that with the Lord's help, and some help from my companion, things will work out :)

Sidenote from mom:  Here is a little clip from a letter that we got from Elder Alex Boone’s  mission president, “Your son was recently called as a District Leader…This is a sacred calling that will require him to be at his very best.  He is expected to lead the missionaries under his direction in all phases of the work… a district leader sets the spiritual tone for his part of the Lord’s vineyard…He will benefit greatly from your prayers and encouragment while he carries these extra responsibilities… I know Elder Boone is worthy to serve and I have trust and confidence that he will move the work forward to new heights and that many more souls will come unto Christ during his leadership…We love your son…Sincerely, Pres. Packard” 


We were able to watch Conference at the chapel, and it was a very special experience!  I think my favorite talks were Elder Holland's, Elder Scott's, and Elder Bednar's.  Those were the 3 talks that I got the most personal revelation and revelation for others from..  There were also several talks about Missionary Work and I thought it was so cool to see that the Lord really is hastening His work!  

Overall, my migraines have gone down significantly.  I've only had one since the chiropractor visits, but that was from lots of stress and TONS of humidity that came in really quickly.  I'm sure there will be more, with the stresses of running this District and making sure I do everything I'm supposed to do, but God provides a way, right? 

One other thing-one of the members here was roommates with Taylor Shumways' mom in college!  How cool is that?!  Speaking of small worlds, where was Elder Ward?  And how did he know me? 

Time is short, so I'll have to say goodbye for now.  Sorry that I don't respond to hand-written letters very well; there's just not enough time to write the thoughtful responses that I'd like to.  Look for emails for Parker, Spencer, and Josh next week :)  Also, remind me to tell you about the absolute PAYDAY Elder Echols and I received this week (I need the letter in front of me to fully explain it.  And more time...)  

I love all of you, and hope everything is going well!

-Elda Boone



No comments:

Post a Comment