OH. MY. GOODNESS.
This week has been absolutely CRAZY!!! I've probably
told you how much I hate reporting and numbers, but Elder Echols and I finally
have numbers to prove what we've been doing! Over the past 2 weeks, we
have received 19 referrals and gained 10 new investigators. I was
thinking about it the other day, and we've been entrusted with a lot of
Heavenly Father's children. The pressure is on to do His will and bring
them all home to Him. I'm absolutely reveling the challenge, because I
know that God is fully behind this work, so long as we do our part. We're
going to be busier than we've ever been, and we're going to have a baptism this
next week!! I've been telling Elder Echols how I can't help but feel that
this area is about to explode, and it's happening! Bishop Marble got up
to the pulpit during Elder's Quorum and totally prophesied that there would be
a Stake in Waterbury one day. I absolutely believe that.
The coolest part of being a Missionary is seeing the light
in peoples' eyes as they learn something with the Spirit bearing witness of it.
We had that happen today with one of our new investigators. She's
struggling with the death of her parents, and we got the chance to share the
Plan of Salvation with her. The really cool part about this is that we
didn't go to our appointment with the intent to teach her. We went to
teach her mother-in-law, and her mother-in-law thought that this lady could use
the message we were inspired to share. She said that the peace that she
felt while we taught of the spirit world and seeing our family again was
AMAZING. She asked to meet with us again, because she wants to learn
more. I guess I've really taken the Gospel for granted because it changes
peoples' entire perspective on life. The Gospel gives us so much of a
direction, a sense of meaning... it's simply incredible!!
The work is going well, my health is improving (FINALLY...
:P haha), and I'm as excited as ever to go about doing the Lord's work.
Thanks to everyone for your love and support. It means the world to
me :)
Elder Echols and I are looking forward to working with the
Lord this next week. I'll let y'all know about the miracles and stories
next Monday!
-Elder Boone
PS-we're emailing a day late because we had to schedule
appointments for our entire P-Day. We switched it up this week :P
PPS-I just wanted to let you know that I love you, too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment