January
13, 2014
Hello
everybody!
I guess I'd better start with the
most important things. I'm so happy to hear about Chey and Kristen and the
whole crew!! That is absolutely incredible!!! I wish I could have been there,
but seeing the picture will have to do. It's amazing to know that families can
be together forever, and to know that this is one more family that will see each
other in the eternities. Congrats, guys!!
Our district shared a really special
moment yesterday: the Southbury ward had their first convert baptism in over a
year! Shirley Barroso was baptized by Bishop Ward, and is set to be confirmed
in 2 weeks (work schedule). I had the opportunity to interview her, and I just
have to say that it was INCREDIBLE. Almost the entire interview was her bearing
a powerful testimony of the gospel and how it has changed her life for the
better. She's setting a great example for her kids, and I hope to hear about
them getting baptized in the coming years.
For the past couple of weeks, Lisa
and her boys have kinda been dogging us. We've gone to the door, and we can
hear that they're home, but nobody answers the door. Or appointments would get
dropped. Like a LOT. Finally, she called us yesterday and said that she needs
us to come and visit. Long story short, when she stopped letting us in, her
life absolutely fell apart. She lost her job, her boyfriend went NUTS (that's a
story in and of itself), and she noticed that these terrible things were going
on around her. She begged us to come back and help her to keep doing what she
has to do in order to get baptized. We re-extended their dates, and they're all
on board for the 16th of February.
Thanks to the Garners and Sullivans
for their letters/packages this week. It means a lot to have this support :)
(Is that really Sister Sullivan singing on that CD?)
Just a couple of funny
moments from the week-
*Bridget
Somers, in explaining her swearing habit: "I dunno-them other words just
come out like diarrhea!"
*Jay
Alicea, on the topic of ghosts and whatnot: "If it's the Hulk, I'll fight
it. But when it comes to them supernatural things, forget it!"
*Elder
Pulsipher starts asking when we're going to leave our last appointment: *ME*
"What? You got a hot date tonight?" *ELDER PULSIPHER*
"Yeah-YOU!"
*As
always, the mantra "Work hard, play hard" has been in full effect
this week :) haha
Love
alla y'all, and hope you're having a great week!
-Eldah
Boone
PS-Am
I in denial about this whole "20" thing? Why yes. Yes I am.
PPS-I
told Sister Schriver that I wanted her to get baptized for my birthday. It
didn't work :P
No comments:
Post a Comment