Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in Waterbury/ Michael's baptism

Friends and Family-









We had an awesome Thanksgiving this past week! We ate at 4 different houses, and I think I've put on some weight just from Thanksgiving alone! The Antunes family even gave us a turkey that they didn't eat! haha-we are definitely getting taken care of here in Waterbury :)










Mike Schriver's baptism was yesterday, and it was awesome! Steven got to baptize Mike; one brother baptizing another. We had a good turnout, an excellent speaker from the ward (and myself), and the font even had clean water this time! haha :) The joke is that their brother David is next, because he sits next to Mike when we go over for dinner. We'll see, but no one else in their family has accepted baptismal dates. We are going to keep inviting them to come closer to Christ and hopefully they decide to join sooner rather than later. 

We have 5 other baptismal dates now: Lisa, Michaela, Gene, Brian, and Matt. Matt and Michaela both have dates for December 29th, so we'll see if they keep progressing and are ready for that date. Both are doing remarkably well (Matt is 15 and has mild autism. He was adopted this year, and his adoptive parents are members. They said that they don't want to force anything on him. But he said he wants to get baptized, so we're working with him and his family to get him ready. Michaela is 10, so we're mostly helping her understand what baptism is and why we are a little bit different than other Christian religions. Her mom just got baptized, and her father gave her permission, so we're pretty much all set.)

This week, I've had several families tell me how much they love having me in the ward. The youth have talked about kidnapping me so that I can stay in the ward for a while longer. Some other ideas are to make me the YM basketball coach so that I have a formal assignment and HAVE to stay for a while. It's great to know that the people of the Waterbury ward love me almost as much as I love them :) 

I also want to thank Bishop Hulbert, the Lewis family, Ben Hodson, the Dean and Kathie Hill family, the Kimballs, Sullivans, and Wilson family for letters the last two weeks. Sadly, I don't have time to write everybody back, but please know that your time and efforts are appreciated. I will write back if/when I can. It's great to know that I have the love and support of my ward family in Utah :) And Kimballs, your Book of Mormon will probably find a home with the Schrivers. Thanks for sending that :)

That's about it for this week. Elder Pulsipher and I have lots of work to do, and we're excited to do this work! I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving, and here's to a great Christmas, too!

Much love,

"Eldah" Boone 

No comments:

Post a Comment