Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Monday, November 4, 2013

By far the worst thing I have eaten on my mission :)

Happy November, everybody!

First off, I have to say thanks for the potatoes :) I've never seen Jay so happy! (Jay is the member who wanted a BIG, Idaho potato) It's Facebook official-I'm the first Elder in 10 years to get him one. He said thanks for getting that sent out :)

(This is part is from  Elder Boone’s mom to him) OH YEAH!!! One big thing.  A new lady in our ward Sister Lori Lewis called me today and said that she was reading the ward newsletter about you and well…. Long story short, Elder Pulsipher was in her ward in Avon.  She said that he is a really great kid.  I would really like a picture of you and him (HINT HINT).  She is going to try and hook me up with his mom.  Coolio!  Huh?  Such a small world.  I love connections!!!!

(Now back to Alex’s letter)…
That's so funny about Sister Lewis! Elder Pulsipher and I shared a laugh in the library today :) It's true-the Mormon Church is the most intricately networked system in the world! 

This week has been another one where we work hard, but numbers just don't quite show it. However, the one number that does shine is our baptismal dates extended and accepted: three in one week! We now have 4 investigators on date between the first of December to the middle of January! I'm absolutely stoked to be in Waterbury right now! As we stay busy, build relationships with the ward members, and do auxiliary assignments, new investigators pop out of the woodworks left and right! We have a goal to have 3 new investigators by the end of the week. Our schedules are busy, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

One cool thing I've noticed in studies this past week: God seems to ALWAYS put an Ensign, scripture, quote, or something else in my way that I can share with others. I've gotten into the habit of studying with pass-along cards so that I can write down specific talks, quotes, ideas, or scriptures for other people. It's just a small thing, but "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little something extra." I've also received more answers to prayers and revelation as I've taken the time to ponder and meditate after prayers. It makes our schedule even more packed than it has to be, but every time we act on the Spirit, things just work out. It's amazing to see the blessings!

I do have one funny story to tell this week: Elder Pulsipher and I went to give a blessing to a Spanish-speaking family (I have NO IDEA why they didn't have the Spanish-speaking Elders in the ward go over, but whatever... :P) and they offered us a "strawberry drink" that they have each year on the Day of the Dead. Well, Elder Pulsipher and I like strawberries, so we said yes :) Out of the kitchen comes this brown, warm, lumpy liquid that tasted like BLECKGH!!!!!!! (Yeah. That's the sound I made when we left.) I started chewing through the first bit, and I thought I just wouldn't be able to do it. To be polite, I just decided to chug it as fast as I could, cuz the sooner I finished it, the sooner I was done and could get the bad taste out of my mouth. I almost threw up mid-chug, all over their floor. BY FAR the worst thing I've eaten on my Mission. 

I hope this finds you all doing as well as I have been! Love ya!


-Elda Boone

No comments:

Post a Comment