Lovin' our Elda Boone

Lovin' our Elda Boone
Massachusetts Boston 2012-2014

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Our Mother's Day Skype

Chris' last time to talk to Alex for about 27 months :(
Good morning all!!
It was great to talk to my family yesterday!  I can't believe how Parker and Spencer are growing up!!  It's always good to talk with Chris, and I'm sorry, but Brace-y'all are all kinds of loopy on pain pills.  (Really kinda funny!)  I'm looking forward to the huge Duck Dynasty marathon when I get back, and the crazy stories that I'm sure to have as well!!
This week marks the middle of the transfer already!  Odds are pretty good that I'm gonna get booted out, so we'll see what happens.  Assuming that I stay, I will end up in this area for 9 months at least.  That'll be CRAZY, but we'll avoid speculation on that :P
Not much to report, except what happened last week.  This week has been catch-up and a lot of work for future events, including (but not limited to) a Missionary Fireside for 4 wards/branches in the Cambridge/Somerville area, preparing for a Musical Fireside in Springfield in 3 weeks, reworking the Ward Mission Plan, and various finding activities for the Ward Mission.  The foundation of Missionary Work continues to be laid in this Cambridge 1st ward; it's tough work with very few "numbers" to report, but it's still a busy time! 
We recently got a text from President Packard that was simple, but truly profound.  We had 16 baptisms across the Mission this weekend alone!  The text informed us of that stat, and then simply stated, "Consecration isthe only surrender that's a victory!"   That gave me a lot to think about for several days.  The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with it: the more of ourselves we surrender to God, the more of Him is in us.  One of Tim's songs came to mind. (yes, the same Tim that has a lot of other inspiring lyrics to his songs. haha)  "When I found that I was doing what I never thought I could, I was losing what was in me, and in my place He stood.  And I did give Him the words I couldn't speak, and eyes to see the pain of those who wouldn't believe.  Then my fears did melt away, when I let Him in to stay.  Then I found what you can see, oh Lord: I was losing me."  Reminiscent of the Savior's promise in Matthew 16:25-"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."  Not only are we given this promise, but we covenant at various times in our lives to do just that: lose our lives for His sake.  Is this a difficult promise to keep?  ABSOLUTELY!!!  But, true to "opposition in all things,"  won't the blessings be stupendous?  I can safely assume that yes, they will be.  I know that as I've been trying to consecrate myself-heart, might, mind, and strength-I've experienced blessings that I could never have imagined!!  As we grow closer to Him through giving up our carnal desires, and truly lay aside the natural man, we are more entitled to the Spirit, which brings about joy, hope, love, and peace.  This is certainly something that I want to have forever!!  What are we willing to sacrifice for that?  Shouldn't everything negative in our lives and in our natures be worth giving up for those blessings?  In essence, through consecrating ourselves, we are trading our shortcomings and frailties for godliness-sounds like a SWEET deal to me!
Love y'all and hope this finds you well!!
-Elda Boone 

No comments:

Post a Comment